AnimeBaseDiscussion
Join To See Anything In My Forum
AnimeBaseDiscussion
Join To See Anything In My Forum
AnimeBaseDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AnimeBaseDiscussion

Talk About Anime And Manga's

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
My Great Web page
Send
My Great Web page
Latest topics
» [Alcot] Osananajimi wa Daitouryou ~My Girlfriend is the President~
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:53 am by bon08988

» MM! Drama CD! [MP3 듣기, 다운]
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 pm by Baka Chibi

» 케이온! 극장판 (K-ON! MOVIE) ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK [MP3 듣기, 다운]
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 pm by Baka Chibi

» Usotsuki Mi-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan Totteoki no Uso (Complete)
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:54 pm by Baka Chibi

» Toradora!: Bentou no Gokui (OVA)
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:38 pm by Baka Chibi

» Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi OVA
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:31 pm by Baka Chibi

» Lucky Star Shrine Attracts 470,000 During New Year's
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:15 pm by Baka Chibi

» Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, MM! Artists Decorate Chocolates, Wine
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:13 pm by Baka Chibi

» Akihabara Shops Hold 'We Love Akiba Festival' Next Week
Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:11 pm by Baka Chibi

Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics

Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully]

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Yoona
    Admin
    Admin

Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Empty
    PostSubject: Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully]   Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:11 am

Guide for ppl who cant play certain file formats Think About It Think About It

Well, some users might question themselves about "how do i play this damn file i downloaded?", because probably their player is giving them an error when they try to run the file. Oh well, if you're having any problems running any of the files we host here, (anime, manga, etc), please read this guide carefully. Ja ne! hi

Programs to unpack .zip/.rar files:

Winrar 3.60
    TUGZip It's completely free and can do ZIP, RAR and other popular compressing methods.
    7-Zip free program to unzip files, u'll find all info and download link on that page (Ofently used to extract the Hentai Games or movies with Jap passwords.)
    Winrar for all
    UnRarX for Mac - free

Programs to browse files:

CDisplay
    PicWalker
    FastStone Image Viewer doesn't need instalation.

Playing the files (Video)

Common Container formart for the anime files:
    ~ .avi, .mp4, .mkv, .ogm, .rmvb, .rm.

What programs do I need to play them?

Depends on the container format that you want to play.
    For RealMedia files (.rmvb, .rm) download and install Real Alternative
    For other container formats, download and install the Combined Community Codec Pack
    Once installed, the file can be played in Windows Media Player (WMP).(also recommended by fieryeagle and Sunfizz98)
    Alternatively, you can install the K-Lite Mega Codec which contains both CCCP and RealAlternative components. But not recommended, size is bloated because it contains extra codecs and tools which probably will never be used.

I don't like/use/whatever Windows Media Player. Any alternatives?

Media Player Classic (included in the CCCP pack) recommended!
    Contains more advanced options, and is much more costumisable than WMP. Can take snapshots.
    Zoomplayer (included in the CCCP pack)
    Is said to automatically download the codec it needs. CCCP already contains all the necessary ones though.
    VLC media player totally recommended!
    VLC comes with its own set of codecs, there is no need to download separate codec packs.

Small tutorial For VLC Player:

Download VLC Player

Simply double-click the downloaded installation package and follow the on-screen instruction to get the software installed and launch it after installation.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 538x394.

Simply go to the File menu and choose Open File from there.

Now, click the Browse button next to the first white line at the top of the window with title "Open.." and navigate through your harddrive for the video you wish to watch and select it.

After you have selected the video, click OK and VLC will start playing the video you chose.

VLC should work for approximately 95 percent of the videos from the Internet, specially if they are in .avi format. Obviously there are occassions when you find a video that has been compressed using a codec that is not included within VLC and in those cases, you need to try something else.

Note: To make it even easier, you can just drag the file to the VLC Player and it will play automatically lol

However it cant play RealMedia, and playing styled softsubs is problematic in VLC.

RealPlayer
    The original player for playing RealMedia files.
    --Not recommended. See Wikipedia and the RealAlternative download page for details.

Any other alternatives than the one mentioned?
    There are many other players out there, feel free to find one that suits your preferences. However be forewarned that some free players are packed with malware. Do research before installing.

My computer is not running on Windows. Any help?
    VLC is cross-platform, try that one first.
    If it does not work, try MPlayer builds.
    On the page, find the build for your corresponding OS.

Solution for some downloads problems:

1. Corrupted Files1. The best solution is to download it again and make sure you download it 100% complete.
    If the download automatically stops, then it means there's something wrong with the host which is prolly full/busy/undergoing maintenance. Try again later or ask a mirror in the Wish Cemetery section.

2. Repairing a Corrupt File is commonly used for recovering data files which from a Corrupted Zip/Rar but it cannot recover 100% of the data compressed in the Zip/Rar File so Solution #1 is the choice. Unless you reeeallly want to just get at least a portion of the archived file that could be recovered.

Repairing:
    Open your WinRAR and browse to the folder of the corrupted fil.
    Highlight the file and click Repair Button
    or go to tools --> repair archive
    Choose either "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR/ZIP" and then the files start extracting.
    The repaired Zip/Rar file will be extracted to the same folder as the repaired archive so check the folder and extract it to get the data that was recovered.
    2. Merging Files (Badongo)

If you don't already know, Badongo splits files into 100 mb pieces. The normal procedure to merge them would be:
    Download all the file pieces ([filename].aa, [filename].ab, and so on)
    Download the reference file ([filename].badongo)
    Download and install the merger application, downloadable from the same page
    Run the the merger application, and use it to merge the files.

Another alternative method:

Download and install HJSplit
    Next, rename your files so they can be joined with HJsplit. File.aa becomes File.001, File.ab becomes File.002, and so on. You don't need the .badongo reference file, so it can be deleted.
    Run HJsplit, select Join, and browse for File.001. The program will combine your archive. la la la la la la
    Back to top Go down
    https://anime-base.board-directory.net

Why I Can't Play The Files [Read CareFully]
    Page 1 of 1